The Bush Theatre is recruiting a Theatre Administration Intern. We are looking for someone passionate about theatre, who has been searching for an opportunity to begin their career in arts administration. This is a great opportunity to work in a busy theatre and learn by working alongside experienced practitioners working in the industry.
This Internship is for six months starting in February 2022 working 25 hours per week. Due to the nature of our business some evening work e.g. attending previews or helping on supporters’ guest nights, may be required for which overtime is not payable.
An Internship at the Bush Theatre is a unique way to gain hands on career related experience in a producing venue, by carrying out planned and supervised work that:
- Contributes to personal and professional development through significant work assignments.
- Helps you gain experience in a busy department and in different areas of theatre production.
- Gives first hand experience of working within a producing theatre.
- Involves a supervision component that is mentoring and educational.
- Enables you to gain an understanding of all departments working at the Bush Theatre.
- Has a reflection and evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship.
- Includes career guidance e.g. writing CVs and cover letters as well as preparing for interviews.
- Provides an understanding of the theatre industry.
- Improve and broaden administrative skills including the use of digital applications.
- Gain an understanding of Arts Administration in a theatre setting.
- Improve research skills within a performing arts context.
- Learn how to effectively plan, prepare and coordinate events and projects.
- Experience working hands-on in a fast moving producing new writing venue.
Deadline for applications is Friday 21 January at 5pm
How to Apply:
We want you to have the opportunity to really tell us about yourself and explain to us why this internship is right for you, so we would love to hear from you in whatever way feels most appropriate to you. All applications will be judged on content not on format. We have suggested some options for your application below, but if you would like to suggest an alternative let us know.
- A written letter or statement – no more than 500 words
- Video or voice recording – try to keep this to no more than 5 minutes
- Presentation PowerPoint or Keynote
All applications should address the following questions:
- Why the Theatre Administration internship is the right opportunity for you at this time
- Why you want to do an internship at the Bush Theatre and what you hope to gain
- What skills, qualities or ideas you will bring to the Bush Theatre
- What experiences you have had previously that have prepared you for this role
Apply through our recruitment portal by following this link: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/administration-intern-marketing-20549
Include your application and CV.
Complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form by following this link: https://forms.gle/tYwaESL43VV7yEYw5
If you would like to make a video or sound file you can send these to us using the We Transfer service https://wetransfer.com/ after completing your application via the portal – when using this service send your file to [email protected] with “Theatre Administration Internship” in the subject line.
If you are a disabled applicant, please indicate in your application whether you would like to take part in our Minimum Criteria Guaranteed Interview scheme.
If you need any of this information in a different format or would like to suggest a different form of application please contact our Theatre Administrator Natasha Wright by email [email protected]