The Bush Theatre is recruiting a Marketing Intern. We are looking for an individual that is passionate about theatre, who has been searching for an opportunity to begin their career in arts marketing. This is a great opportunity to work in a busy theatre and learn by working alongside experience practitioners working in the industry.
This Internship is for three months starting in December and is part time, three days a week. Due to the nature of our business some evening work e.g. attending previews or helping on supporters’ guest nights, may be required for which overtime is not payable. For a full breakdown of responsibilities please see below.
Benefits of an internship:
An internship at the Bush Theatre is a unique way to gain hands on career related experience in a producing venue, by carrying out planned and supervised work that:
● contributes to personal and professional development through meaningful work assignments
● involves a supervision component that is mentoring and educational
● enables you to gain an understanding of all departments working at the Bush Theatre
● has a reflection and evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship
● includes career guidance e.g. writing CVs and cover letters as well as preparing for interviews
● improve and broaden administrative skills
● develop skills in delivering marketing content and reporting on engagement and sales
● gain understanding of Arts Marketing in a theatre setting
● gain understanding of Accessibility Best Practice in a theatre setting
● improve on copywriting skills within the performing arts
● learn how to effectively run social media channels in the arts
● experience working hands-on in a fast moving producing new writing venue
How to Apply:
We want you to have the opportunity to really tell us about yourself and explain to us why this opportunity is right for you, so we would love to hear from you in whatever way feels most appropriate. All applications will be judged on content, not on format. We have outlined some options below, but if you would like to suggest an alternative let us know.
- A written letter or statement
- Presentation PowerPoint
- A Bush application form
- Short video or sound file
All applications should address the following questions and please attach a basic CV:
- Tell us a little about yourself and what you has brought you to this point in your life
- Why is the Marketing internship at the Bush the right opportunity for you at this time
- Imagine you need to convince a stranger that they should go and see your favourite play. Tell us what you would say about the play to persuade them
- Tell us about a change you’d like to see happen in your lifetime, and why it is important to you.
You can upload a video or sound file with your equal opportunities form and CV to us using the We Transfer service https://wetransfer.com/ – when using this service send your file to [email protected] with “Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
If you are applying in writing please send your application via email along with your equal opportunities form to [email protected] with “Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
Alternatively you may post your application to:
7 Uxbridge Road
If you need any of this information in a different format or would like to suggest a different form of application please contact our Theatre Administrator, Jessica Pentney by email [email protected] or phone 0208743 3584.
We actively encourage people with different backgrounds and skills to join us and positively impact our teams and working practice. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of colour and disabled people. All disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be invited to interview.
Your application and any associated personal information will be stored and processed in accordance with our Data Policy and destroyed after six months. We will keep your equal opportunities form for a period of up to 6 months, after which point the data will be anonymised and aggregated for monitoring purposes. If you are engaged by us, the information you supply will be kept securely and form part of your record with us.
You must be between the ages of 18 – 25 to apply for the position.
Deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 4th November 2019.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13th November 2019 at the Bush Theatre, 7 Uxbridge Road W12 8LJ.
For this role there is a desired start date of Monday 2nd December 2019. To apply for this internship you must be available on the interview date and for the full duration of the internship starting in December.