The Bush Theatre welcomes applications from artists and creatives based outside of London but, due to the nature of the bursary placements, we require presence in London for the attendance of rehearsals, meetings and activities on a weekly basis and for consecutive weeks in certain periods, and applicants should be aware of this.
Applicants should identify as BAMER
Applicants cannot have more than 3 professional design credits
Applicants cannot have an agent or manager representing them for design work
Applicants must be 18 years of age plus
HOW TO APPLY:
We want you to have the opportunity to really tell us about yourself and explain to us why this programme is right for you, so we would love to hear from you in whatever way feels most appropriate to you. All applications must address the following questions:
- Please give us an outline of your relevant experience for the position you’re applying for with specific regard to your design discipline.
- Please describe how you expect this opportunity will benefit your practice and growth as a designer.
- What is the question you’d like to provoke the Bush Theatre with while you’re on attachment and why?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge for a designer is within British theatre right now or in the future?
All applications will be judged on content not on format. We have suggested some options below, but if you would like to suggest an alternative let us know.
- A written letter or statement
- Short video or voice recording – try to keep this to no more than 5 minutes
- Presentation, PowerPoint or keynote
Please send us your completed application, along with an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, using one of the methods below:
- You can upload video or sound files using the We Transfer service. When using this service please send your file to [email protected] with Project 2036 in the subject line.
- If you are applying in writing please send your response via email to Jessica Pentney, [email protected] with Project 2036 in the subject line.
- Alternatively you may post to:
7 Uxbridge Road
If you need any of this information in a different format or would like to suggest a different form of application please contact our Theatre Administrator, Jessica Pentney by email [email protected] or phone 020 8743 3584.
We actively encourage people with different backgrounds and skills to join us and positively impact our teams and working practice. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of colour and disabled people. All disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be invited to interview.
Your application and any associated personal information will be stored and processed in accordance with our Data Policy and destroyed after six months. We will keep your equal opportunities form for a period of up to 6 months, after which point the data will be anonymised and aggregated for monitoring purposes. If you are engaged by us, the information you supply will be kept securely and form part of your record with us.
Deadline for applications is 10am on Wednesday 28 August 2019.
1st interviews will take place on Thursday 12 September 2019.
2nd interviews will take place on Friday 13 September 2019. You must be available on the interview dates and for the full duration of the programme in order to apply.