Play in a Day

The Bush Theatre invited children aged 7-11 from Hammersmith & Fulham to take part in an exciting, free half-term project.

Working, playing and creating together, the children learnt drama games and techniques and made their own piece of theatre based on the theme of friendship, which they performed for their families at the end of the day. They even designed and created the backdrops for their performances!

80 children took part in this project, which was generously funded by John Lyons Charity.

“My children loved the workshop which gave them more confidence to audition for their school play this year. They also loved the games that you played and they loved the happy machine that they made and performed in front of the parents.” – Parent of participant

“My son had so much fun and was confident on stage which surprised me a lot as he is normally shy in school plays. So in general it was a big success making a positive impact on our children’s confidence and a fun and interesting way to spend a day of the half term break. The fact that they performed in a real theatre is on its own a confidence booster and may inspire children to consider Theatre in future” – Parent of participant