From 17 May, the Bush Theatre building will be open with social distancing measures in place.
We have made key changes to the theatre spaces and front of house areas to ensure the safety of visitors and staff when in the building.
Here are the safety measures you can expect to see in place on your visit to the Bush:
- All visitors will be asked to register their details using either our secure website form or the NHS Test and Trace app
- Two additional entrances to the Holloway Theatre will be in use to maintain social distancing when entering the auditorium
- Seating in the Holloway Theatre will be socially distanced. All tables and seating in front of house areas have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing.
- Our air handling system is fed by filtered fresh air. Used air is extracted to the outside and is not recirculated. Filters are changed as part of regular, routine maintenance.
- Sanitising stations will be available at key points in the building, including all entrances
- Social distancing guidance and one way systems will be in place
- Contactless e-tickets will be in use
- Customers will be able to order drinks via an easy to access app
- Face coverings will be mandatory for audience members, unless they are exempt for health reasons or while eating or drinking. All staff working front of house will wear face coverings
- We have increased our general cleaning and added additional cleaning of high touch areas throughout the day and after each visitor
- We have reduced the capacity of the building by two-thirds to ensure safe distancing is possible at all times
- We will use contactless payment only
- Staff and performers are asked to take part in recommended government testing programmes
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre’s ‘See It Safely‘ mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.