or call the box office
JUST ANNOUNCED: Incognito Gala Performance
Presented by nabokov, Live Theatre Newcastle, HighTide Festival Theatre in association with The North Wall
The brain builds a narrative to steady us from moment to moment, but it is absolutely an illusion. There is no me, there is no you, and there is certainly no self.
Princeton, New Jersey. 1955. Thomas Stoltz Harvey performs the autopsy of the recently deceased Albert Einstein. And then steals his brain.
Bath, England. 1953. Henry undergoes pioneering brain surgery. The surgery changes Henry’s life, and the history of neuroscience, forever.
London, England. Present. Martha is a clinical neuropsychologist. When her marriage breaks down she starts to make some radically different choices.
Three interwoven stories exploring the nature of identity and how we are defined by what we remember, Incognito is a dazzling new play about what it means to be human.
Nick Payne was the winner of the Evening Standard Award for Best Play for Constellations (Royal Court/West End). His plays also include Olivier Award-nominated The Same Deep Water As Me (Donmar Warehouse), If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet at the Bush Theatre and in New York starring Jake Gyllenhall, and most recently Blurred Lines (NT Shed).
Watch the teaser trailer:
Meet Nick Payne:
Attend a post-show event:
BushGreen Live events offer a range of opportunities for writers, directors, creatives and interested audiences to engage more deeply with the Bush’s work.
Incognito LATE: 28 May
Pint of Science ft. Amy Birch, Praveen Paul & Michael Motskin
MORE INFO & BOOK
Incognito DEBATE: 2 June
"DOES THE BRAIN'S WIRING MAKE US WHO WE ARE?"
Jon Spooner (Chair)
MORE INFO & BOOK
What the papers say
Playwright - Nick Payne
Director - Joe Murphy
Producer - Paul Jellis
Designer - Oliver Townsend
Lighting Designer - Tim Deiling
Music and Sound by - Isobel Waller-Bridge
Casting Director - Hayley Kaimakliotis
Presented by - nabokov
- Live Theatre Newcastle
- HighTide Festival Theatre
Dates - 14 May - 21 Jun
Mon - Sat - 7.30pm (£19.50)
Preview - 14 May, 7.30pm (£15)
Saturday Matinees - 17, 24, 31 May, 7, 14, 21 Jun (£15)
Wednesday Matinees - 21, 28 May, 4, 11, 18 Jun (£15)
Audio Described Performance - 7 June, 2.30pm
Captioned Performance - 13 June, 7.30pm
BushGreen Live presents Incognito LATE, a late-night post-show event staged in the Bush Studio. - 28 May, 9.15pm
BushGreen Live presents Incognito DEBATE, a post-show event on the question "Does the brain's wiring make us who we are?" - 2 June, 9.15pm
Running time - Approx. 90 minutes, no interval
Please note - This production contains smoking on stage
offers and concessions
- Season 3 for 2 - *Book online and the discount will be automatically applied. Offer applies to all main house shows. Valid for top price tickets only, shows must be purchased at the same time. Not valid for previews, matinees, or RADAR.
- Bush Connect Members (Student / Under 26) - Previews and matinees £10, evening performances £12 (ID required)
- Bush Local Members - Previews £12, 10% off all other performances
- Senior Citizens Concession - We offer a limited number of Senior Citizen Concessions: previews £12, matinees £10, evening performances £15
- Concessions (available for registered unemployed and disabled patrons) - Previews and matinees £10, evening performances £12
- All offers are subject to availability - Terms and conditions apply