On this page we’ve set out the terms and conditions of sales for tickets, memberships and donations.
The Bush Theatre does its best to ensure that all the information on our website is current and accurate. If you spot any mistakes or have any questions, please get in touch by emailing [email protected].
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchasing any tickets, memberships or donations as by doing so you accept these terms and conditions.
1. Purchasing tickets.
- If you book tickets on behalf of others or make a group booking, you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of all members of the group, and are responsible for all payments due from the party.
- Your tickets may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium.
- Any purchase of tickets is only valid when processed by the Bush Theatre or an agent authorised by us.
- We are no longer issuing or delivering paper tickets. All tickets will be issued as digital e-tickets, which will be emailed to you when you book. You will need to present your ticket on a mobile device, tablet or as a print-out in order to gain access.
- The management reserves the right to amend or cancel performances without liability.
- All tickets are sold subject to our right to make any alterations to any of the cast (including the use of understudies where necessary) or programme details advertised on our website or anywhere else.
- By purchasing a ticket to a filmed performance, you shall be deemed to consent to you and any members of your group being filmed and that the Bush Theatre has complete discretion to use of any film without any recourse to you or any member of your group.
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of eligibility for concessions at the access points for the event or performance.
2. Refund and exchange policy.
- Please note that there are no refunds, except in the event of the show being cancelled.
- In the event of a show being cancelled, you will be eligible for a refund. You can choose to be refunded to your original payment method, a credit on your Bush Theatre account (valid for twelve months), or to donate the value of your tickets to the Bush Theatre.
- We’re happy to exchange tickets for performances of the same production, so long as you call or email the Box Office by 10am on the day of the performance (or at least 7 days before the performance is due to take place for group bookings). This is strictly subject to availability and there is a £2 administration fee (per transaction) for this service. If exchanging into a performance where ticket prices are more expensive, you will also need to pay the difference in price.
- If a performance is sold out and you would like to return your tickets we will try to resell them for you, but we can’t guarantee to do so. If we do manage to resell your tickets, we will give you a refund to your original payment method minus an administration fee of £2. We will sell all of our own tickets before we will offer returned tickets for resale.
- If you or someone in your party tests positive for COVID-19, or has symptoms, your ticket may be exchanged for another performance of the same production (subject to availability) free of charge, or a credit on your Bush Theatre account (valid for twelve months), if you call or email the Box Office by 10am on the day of the performance.
- Unused credit will expire after twelve months. The value of any expired credit will be treated as a donation.
3. Safety and enjoyment.
- The Bush Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission, and may ask patrons to leave if it considers it to be necessary or desirable to do so.
- If you’re late you might not be admitted. Because the Bush is a small theatre, anyone entering after the show starts can cause considerable disruption both to other audience members and to the actors. Often audiences have to actually cross the stage to get to their seats, and the actors often use the audience entrance to enter and exit. Because of this, we may not be able to permit latecomers, and we cannot guarantee to be able to readmit you if you leave during the performance. If we can admit you, you will have to wait for a suitable moment in the show and you might not be seated in your booked seat.
- The use of cameras, any visual or audio recording equipment is strictly prohibited, including the illegal recording of online performances.
- For the enjoyment of all patrons, mobile devices including phones must be switched off before the performance begins.
- To be admitted you must be in possession of a valid ticket.
- Please note that strobe lighting, smoke effects and gunshots are sometimes used in productions.
4.1. All memberships:
- As a member you are entitled to the benefits listed on the relevant page of the Bush Theatre’s website, subject to availability of the benefits and these terms.
- Membership does not guarantee access to tickets and ticket limits may apply. Discounted membership tickets are limited and subject to availability. Some events at the Bush Theatre won’t have a membership discount and/or waived booking fees.
- Memberships and their benefits are non-transferable and may not be used for commercial gain (e.g. reselling tickets). We don’t refund memberships in part or full.
- Many benefits extend to a guest. The member must be present for the guest to access these benefits.
- Membership cards for Bush Connect, Bush Local and Bush Friend members must be presented alongside their ticket and to receive discounts on food and drink. The card remains the property of Bush Theatre and can be cancelled at any time.
- We reserve the right to, if necessary, revoke Membership without refund if an individual breaks the terms of membership, ticket sales or entry, or behaves in a threatening, abusive or otherwise inappropriate manner towards any person at the Bush Theatre, damages or threatens to damage any property of the Bush Theatre or other venue of a Bush Theatre event, or acts in a manner which – in the Bush Theatre’s sole opinion – brings the Theatre into disrepute.
- By joining as a member you agree to the Bush Theatre keeping you informed about future events, offers, services and charitable activities.
4.2. Star Supporter memberships:
- Star Supporter memberships are annual memberships and payment in full covers a period of 12 months from the month of purchase.
- Memberships include a payment for benefits and a donation amount which is eligible for Gift Aid. The amount eligible for Gift Aid can be found on the relevant Membership page.
- Memberships can be purchased at the price of the benefits and any amounts given over and above this benefits value are given freely as a donation and are eligible for Gift Aid.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your bank or building society, or through their online banking portal, if provided. Please also send a copy of your notification to us.
4.3. Bush Friend memberships:
- Bush Friend memberships are available to be paid monthly or annually, and can auto-renew. If you choose to auto-renew, payments will be taken by recurring debit or credit card payments (sometimes known as Continuous Payment Authority or CPA) where we will ask you to allow the same amount to be debited from your card automatically at a fixed interval.
- You can cancel a Continuous Payment Authority any time by writing to your bank or building society, or through their online banking portal, if provided. Please also send a copy of your notification to us.
- You can cancel your automatic renewal by emailing [email protected] before the membership expiry date. We won’t retrospectively refund the membership fee once the membership has automatically renewed.
4.4. Bush Connect and Bush Local free memberships:
- Proof of eligibility is required for Bush Connect and Bush Local memberships on your first visit. We will then provide you with a membership card.
- To join Bush Local, you must live or work in one of the following postcodes and bring a proof of address to the Box Office on your next visit: W2; W3; W4; W6; W8; W9; W10; W11, W12; W14; SW5; SW6; SW7; SW13; NW10.
- To join Bush Connect, you must be under the age of 30 or a student. Photo ID or a valid student card are accepted as proof of eligibility.
5. Data protection.
- These Conditions of Sale were last updated on 18.09.2023.