OUR SUBMISSIONS WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED
Submissions will reopen in Autumn 2023
The Bush Theatre is committed to championing a diverse range of voices that tell entertaining and provocative stories that reflect contemporary society. If you’re a playwright who is not currently represented by an agent, and you have a play to share with us, we would love to receive it during our submissions window!
- Plays must be full length (60 minutes or more) and unproduced.
- Plays must be in Word doc or PDF format, with the title of the play and writer’s full name as the file name.
- Writers must be based in the UK or Ireland.
- Writers may only submit one play.
- Screenplays, adaptations and works in translation will not be accepted.
What happens after you submit?
Once you’ve submitted your play, you will see a message thanking you for your submission. This means we have received your play and it will be considered by our team. You will not receive a confirmation by email.
All scripts that are received are considered by Bush Theatre readers, which is a team made up of professional playwrights, directors and other artists. The senior artistic team, including the Literary Manager and Associate Artistic Director, oversee the submissions process.
We will always inform you of the final outcome. The large volume of submissions we receive means this process can take up to 8 months and we are unable to enter into conversation about plays that we do not wish to take further.
We commit to:
- Meeting with at least 30 writers from open submissions to discuss their work.
- Sending feedback by email to at least 100 writers.
- Finding at least 2 new members of our Emerging Writers’ Group through submissions.
If you have any questions about Submissions, please email [email protected].