The Bush Theatre makes plays in one of the most culturally diverse areas in London, and we’re incredibly proud of that.
We want to put on theatre that reflects the culture around us. We are a space for people to come together. Through our activities and our work on stage, the Bush champions new voices, unheard stories and reflects our culturally diverse area.
Platforming the voices and experiences of our creative local community in West London and developing their talent alongside exciting artistic collaborators is key to the work of the Bush Theatre. We co-create our artistically led, high quality projects with our communities and the talented and experienced artists from a variety of backgrounds who are as inspired as we are by the stories and histories in our neighbourhood.
Our strategy looks a little like this:
- Long-term, in-depth artistic projects with adults and Young People in our community;
- Partnerships with local organisations, who help us all to look at the world from a different vantage point;
- Breaking down barriers by creating opportunities to access our work through free tickets and events;
- Work experience placements offered throughout the Summer to students;
- Creative workshops in theatre, creative writing, wellbeing and career paths in the arts.
Whether you’re curious about the building or want to delve deeper into the work on stage, there are lots of ways you can get involved.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
The Bush is proud to be a local theatre with an international reputation. Our free membership scheme, Bush Local, offers a range of discounts to anyone living or working within a two mile radius of the building.
Become a member and you’ll enjoy:
- Discounts on full price tickets
- 10% off drinks and food at our Library Bar
- Special offers and news about Bush productions and events